Linkerd will be in full force at this year’s KubeCon + Cloud NativeCon NA in Seattle. This will be the biggest KubeCon + CloudNativeCon to date with more than 7,000 attendees and over 200 scheduled breakout sessions.
We’ve listed a selection of talks involving Linkerd below. Linkerd maintainers will also be present at two special events:
- Alex Leong (core maintainer) will be giving a hands-on workshop on how to use Linkerd in production on Kubernetes. This workshop is limited availability so sign up soon to reserve your spot!
- Several Linkerd maintainers will be hanging out at the Buoyant booth (location S37), located to the left of the food and beverage station inside the exhibit hall. Come by and meet the folks behind the lines of code.
Here’s the full schedule of Linkerd-related content, spanning 10 events:
Monday, December 10
- 1:00 pm: Alex Leong (@adleong), Linkerd core maintainer, will give a hands-on workshop on how to use Linkerd in production on Kubernetes. Room Skagit 1 at the TCC.
- 6:00 pm: J Evans, Infrastructure Engineer at Strava, will share how Strava built a system capable of maintaining high resource utilization across the Strava platform with Linkerd. Room 6 ABC.
Tuesday, December 11
- 11:40 am: Prometheus team member Frederic Branczyk (@fredbrancz) and Andrew Seigner (@siggy) will speak on monitoring Kubernetes services at scale with Linkerd and Prometheus.Room 4C 3/4.
- 1:45 pm: Thomas Rampelberg (@grampelberg) will demonstrate how latency-based autoscaling outperforms CPU and memory based autoscaling. Ballroom 6B.
Wednesday, December 12
- 1:45 pm: William Morgan (@wm) will showcase Linkerd users in production and answer any questions you might have about the future of Linkerd. Room 618-620.
- 2:35 pm: Nic Cope (@internegz), Software Engineer at Planet Labs, and Nicholas Turner (@Nick_T), Software Developer at AWS, will dive into best practice tools for monitoring etcd and your Kubernetes control plane components. Room 606-609.
- 2:35 pm: Oliver Gould (@olix0r), Linkerd core maintainer, will walk through a deep dive of Linkerd 2.0 and lessons learned. Room 618-620.
Thursday, December 13
- 11:40 am: William Morgan (@wm) will join other engineers from IBM, Google, and Tetrate for an AMA panel on microservices and service mesh. Ballroom 6E.
- 3:40 pm: Mark Tyrrell, Principal Architect at HomeAway, and Andrew Hodges, Engineering Manager at HomeAway, share how HomeAway built a global Multi-Cloud Traffic Management solution with Linkerd. Ballroom 6A.